What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Cathy shares some things about her pets:
Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks for family and friends — and family pets too! Here are 20 things my pets make me thankful for this Thanksgiving.
- I haven’t had to pick up dropped food from the floor in 20 years.
- My pets are kennel-trained and really “go to bed” every night at 10 p.m.
- My dog Maggie may have to relieve herself every four hours during the day, but somehow she always makes it through the night without a potty break.
- My dog Buster catches the ice cubes that sometimes fall to the floor from the refrigerator ice maker.
- My dog Archie dances joyfully around the house with me when music is playing.
- My cat Miss Kitty paws my face awake each morning so I never have to wake to an annoying alarm clock.
- My dogs finish the job by putting their heads on the edge of the bed and snorting at me until I finally get up.
- My dog Buster vocalizes and sings to remind me when it’s time to eat.
- My dogs pee and poop outside. (Don’t be a hater. You could have house-trained pets too.)
- My pets give me a reason to get outside and enjoy the sunshine — and the rain, and the cold and thunderstorms. They seem to love all kinds of weather.
- My dog Maggie wakes me up during thunderstorms and insists on staying close until it’s all over.
- My pets keep me busy feeding, playing and taking care of them. No time to be lonely.
- My dogs let me know when the UPS man pulls up to the house. No packages ever have to sit outside.
- My dogs always take care of the bugs that come into the house.
- My pets don’t pee on me when I rub their bellies.
- My cat sleeps on my lap and my three dogs sleep on the floor all around me while I work.
- My dog Maggie “runs” in her sleep.
- My pets quietly watch over me when I am sick.
- My pets follow me around the house and even squeeze into the bathroom when I am showering.
- That a sleeping dog or cat on my lap means my husband has to wait on me.
How do your pets make you thankful?