Integrative Veterinary Medicine
What is Integrative Veterinary Medicine?
A healing oriented medical approach that takes into account all aspects of an individual including mind, body, spirit and environment. It makes use of all appropriate conventional and complimentary medical options.
Principles of Integrative Medicine
- The appropriate use of conventional and alternative medicine methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease; including body, mind, spirit and environmental conditions.
- The use of natural, effective, less invasive interventions whenever possible
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine, nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
The following Integrative Medical services are now available at Commerce Village Veterinary Hospital
- Integrative Medical Consultations
- Herbal Medicine
- Pain Management and Rehabilitation
Integrative Medical Consultations
This is the first step to exploring the Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medical therapies we offer and discovering how they may be beneficial to your pet. This is a 45 to 60 minute appointment, during which time; we will go over your pet’s medical history, perform a comprehensive physical exam and present a treatment plan to start your pet on the path to healing.
Developed over 3,000 years ago in ancient China, today, acupuncture is recognized throughout the world as being both safe and effective. Acupuncture can relieve the symptoms and lessen the discomfort of many health conditions that effect animals. Common examples include musculoskeletal pain and inflammation, digestive problems, neck and back pain, allergies, arthritis, cancer, neurologic disorders, immune dysfunction.
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese Herbal Medicine offers a safe and effective, time tested resource for maintaining and restoring health. They can often be combined with conventional pharmaceutical medications to better manage chronic health conditions.